It's no secret that I don't eat meat, and it's certainly no secret that I LOVE to eat fish. If you've been following my blog since the beginning, you should also know that I LOVE roasted vegetables. So what could be better for me than combining the two?
- 1 large red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 pound small red potatoes (quartered)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- zest and juice of one lemon
- 4 tilapia fillets (5-6 oz. each)
- salt and pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray roasting pan (I used a lasagna pan) with nonstick spray all over.
2) Put onion, potatoes, bell pepper, garlic, oil, salt, and pepper in the pan. Toss to coat. Roast in oven for about 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
3) Add tomatoes to vegetables. Stir. Place fish fillets on top of vegetables. Sprinkle with lemon zest and drizzle with lemon juice. Season fish with salt and pepper. Roast about 10 more minutes, or until tilapia is fully cooked.
4) Divide tilapia and vegetables evenly on 4 plates.
|I'm not the best at plating - but who cares what it looks like when it tastes amazing?!?|
After each of us took the amount of vegetables we wanted, there was still a good amount left in the pan that we saved for the next day. You can never, ever, ever have too many roasted vegetables!!!
So that's another one of my quick and easy Sunday family dinners. Once again, a generous portion for only 7 PointsPlus.