Sunday, February 27, 2011

How to Make a HUGE (0 PointsPlus) Fruit Salad That Lasts Your Family a Week...

You won't believe how much fruit I cut today, but it was absolutely worth it.



Step 1: Have a Sunday with nothing to do, no responsibilities, and extraordinary amounts of energy.

Step 2: Make a list of all the fabulous fruit you'd like to put in your fruit salad, and pray that it's on sale.

Step 3: Go to the grocery store and purchase said fruit.

2 Pineapples - $3.99 each (I only used 1 though.)
1 Honeydew - $3.99
1 Cantaloupe - $2
1 Personal-Size Watermelon - $2
Green Grapes - $1.99/lb
Purple Grapes - $1.99/lb

Step 4: Bust out the cutting board and your favorite knife and get to chopping!

Step 5: Put all fruit in a GIANT bowl and mix.

(If you look at the time stamp in the picture, you'll see I did it all in 45 minutes!)

I would say there's at least 5 pounds of fruit there, and if you only have a bowl at a time, it's 0 PointsPlus.  Usually I take a few clementines to work, and it's convenient and quick.  Since clementines are out of season, extremely expensive, and not very fresh these days, I came up with an alternative to bring a healthy snack to work - and this will last at least a week.  I'm most impressed at the fact that the whole big bowl only cost about $15!!

Happy chopping,
Steph =)

1 comment: