Thursday, November 4, 2010

What to do When You're All Out of Fruit? and Happy Meals Banned!!

Last night when I went to go make my bedtime snack, I scoured the kitchen for ideas and was disappointed to learn that my family had eaten all of the fresh fruit!! (looks like it's time to go grocery shopping!!) - I noticed we had some frozen sliced strawberries, but I didn't have time to wait for them to thaw, and I don't like microwaving them.  Then in the back corner of a cabinet, I found a can of Del Monte Lite Sliced Peaches.  I took a gamble and paired a 1/2 cup of these peaches with a Banana Nut VitaTop, and it was actually pretty good.  Just make sure you drain the peaches well or else you'll have one soggy VitaTop!  This delicious combination is only 2 WW Points!



Today while I was sitting in class clearly not paying attention, I came across an article saying Happy Meals Banned in San Francisco.  I think this is great!  Children need to learn healthy eating habits from a young age because those habits will stick with them forever.  If we're constantly feeding them greasy, fatty garbage, how will they know it's not good for them?  What are your thoughts?

Happy Eating,
Steph =)

P.S. - Tomorrow I'm making vegetable fried rice and veggie egg rolls. Check back to see how those turn out. I also see Ratatouille sometime in the near future!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment