Saturday, November 6, 2010

4-Point Asian-Inspired Dinner and What to do With the Leftovers!

I have been craving Chinese food for THE LONGEST TIME!  I decided this weekend I was going to take care of that.  I knew I wanted Hungry Girl's Veggie-rific Fried Rice, and I thought I'd pair it with some Hungry Girl Sassy Veggie Egg Rolls.

Unfortunately, my egg rolls came out looking more like blobs, but at least I gave it a shot.

This is the third or fourth time I've made homemade fried rice, and I must say, I'm pretty darn good at it. This time, I added some extra veggies and left out the bean sprouts since I couldn't find them anywhere!

 All together, 1 cup of the fried rice is 3 WW Points, and 1 egg roll is 1 WW Point, which comes to 4 WW Points for the whole meal.  The fried rice was absolutely delicious!! The egg roll on the other hand left something to be desired.  I've attempted to make egg rolls and dumplings in the past, and I'm just not very good at it.  There's obviously some skill that I'm missing.  Needless to say - CRAVING = SATISFIED!

Now what to do with the leftover ingredients...

I like to pair my VitaLicious products with fruit, as previously seen with my Banana Nut/Peach combination and my Chocolate Peanut Butter and Banana sandwich.  The egg rolls required 1/2 cup of canned pineapple so I had the majority of the can leftover.  I had a 1/2 cup of the leftover pineapple with my Deep Chocolate VitaMuffin for a well-rounded nighttime snack. (I apologize for the terrible photo quality - I was in such a haste to enjoy the food!)

The fried rice required 3/4 cup of fat-free egg substitute and 1 cup of chopped mushroom, and the egg rolls had 1 cup of chopped onion.  It's hard to judge how much you're going to get out of an onion when you're in the store, so I always buy larger amounts and use any leftovers the next day.

So for breakfast this morning, I had and omelet with mushroom and onion (1 WW Point if you use 1/2 cup of egg substitute).  I paired it with a Thomas' Cinnamon Raisin Bagel Thin with some Sugar Free Smuckers Apricot Preserves (1 WW Point) and about a cup of strawberries (I counted it as .5 WW Point). It was an extremely satisfying breakfast, with plenty of vitamins and nutrients to get the day started off right!

Now I'm stuck writing a 20-page final paper, and I continually find myself in the kitchen trying to use food to procrastinate.  Thankfully, I've been able to procrastinate in a low-cal way: broccoli, FiberOne Yogurt (0 WW Point), Orville Redenbacher's 100 Calorie Popcorn (1 WW Point), Kashi GOLEAN Truly Vanilla Hot Cereal (2 WW Points), 1 cup of Progresso Light Vegetable Soup to keep me warm (0 WW Point), some fresh brewed hot tea, and some diet soda.  I need to save my points because Saturday nights are pizza nights!!!

Enough procrastinating, back to the paper!

Happy Eating,
Steph =)


     

No comments:

Post a Comment