Thursday, October 21, 2010

Class Canceled = Perfect Opportunity to Cook!!

Since I didn't have class today, I basically had no responsibilities. To take advantage of this, I obviously decided to cook!

Not too long ago, I found this recipe on a WW Discussion Forum for "Eggplant Cheese Rolls."  It's eggplant stuffed with a mixture of fat free ricotta, fat free mozzarella, fat free egg substitute, basil, and pepper.  Start by slicing the eggplant longways and baking the slices for about 15 mins to soften then.  Then put a few spoonfuls of the mixture on each slice of eggplant, roll up the slices, put the rolls in a baking dish, and bathe them in tomato sauce.  Bake for 20-25 mins, and enjoy!  2 rolls = 3 WW Points!
 Before baking it

My two rolls on my plate

I couldn't even take a picture before my family dug in, but this is some of the remains.

Because of the fact that I had to figure out how to peel an eggplant, this recipe wasn't quite worth the effort it required.  On the other hand, it was extremely filling for only 3 WW Points.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For dessert tonight, I was inspired by Hungry Girl's Ginormous Creamy Frozen Caramel Crunchcake (All the way at the bottom of that page).  She suggests caramel rice cakes, but I have apple cinnamon in the house so I used those.  She also uses Cool Whip Free, but I only had Extra Creamy Cool Whip in the house, so I used that.  The choice is up to you - mix and match whatever flavors you prefer or whatever you have around the house.  Either way, one of these sandwiches is only 3 WW Points!! And as the name suggests, they are indeed "Ginormous":


I made this when I was done with breakfast this morning and stuck it in the freezer all day, so that by tonight is was like a pseudo-ice cream sandwich.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aside from all of this cooking, I was pleasantly surprised when my doorbell rang and I discovered my package from Walden Farms sitting on my doorstep.


If you can't read the picture those say:
- Calorie Free Honey Dijon Salad Dressing (I have a weird obsession with honey mustard)
- Calorie Free Chocolate Dip
- Calorie Free Caramel Syrup

I don't know how in the world the people at Walden Farms do it, but I taste-tested these products and you'd never guess they don't have any calories, any sugar, or any fat.  I have yet to decide what exactly I'm going to do with these items, but the possibilities are endless. (Perhaps some homemade edible arrangements!)  Any ideas? I'd love to hear.

Check back in a few days to see what I've come up with!
Happy Eating,
- Steph =)


  

No comments:

Post a Comment