Saturday, April 30, 2011

Apple Walnut Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing

My boyfriend & I absolutely love going to Dave & Buster's to play the games, but we've never really eaten there.  It's hard for me because they don't have their nutrition information on their website OR their menu.  They do have an "Under 600 Calories" section, but that doesn't impress me much.  The other day I decided to search online for the nutrition information, and I found promising results.  They have a "Sweet Apple Pecan Salad with Grilled Chicken" that I believe was around 350 calories.  Since I don't eat meat I got their smaller "Sweet Apple Pecan Salad" for under 200 calories.  This is how they describe it: "Baby greens, crisp apple slices, candied pecans and crumbled Bleu Cheese, tossed with Raspberry Vinaigrette."  I don't really consider myself much of a nut person, and I never thought I liked bleu cheese, but this salad was A-MAZE-ING!!  So I decided to make my own version that I could have at home.

Their version of the salad with a side of seasonal vegetables.



Ingredients:
- 4-6 cups of the lettuce of your choosing
- 1 large Gala apple (you will only need about 1/2 for the salad)

Mix all the ingredients on a large plate or in a large bowl and enjoy!

Nutrition Info for Entire Salad:
220 calories
9 g fat
35 g carbs
6 g fiber
4 g protein
(6 PointsPlus)

Since the lettuce and apple are both 0 PointsPlus - if you only count the walnuts (2 PointsPlus) and the dressing (2 PointsPlus), the salad would only be 4 PointsPlus.  This is a recurring issue I have with the new Weight Watchers system - you can always count recipes two different ways.


I think for the next few days I will definitely bringing this salad to work for lunch - it really is the perfect combination of crunchy and sweet.



Until next time... Happy Eating,
Steph =)



P.S. What's your favorite thing to put in your salads - whether it's dressing or other toppings?

No comments:

Post a Comment