Saturday, December 11, 2010

Oh, how I missed this...

I'M FINALLY BACK! Only one more project due this Tuesday, and one more final on December 22nd.  Unfortunately these past two weeks I haven't had a lot of time to do much cooking, but it did take me those two weeks to learn the new Weight Watchers PointsPlus system... although it will take forever for me to know this one as well as I knew the old one.

So let me update you on what I've been up to in the mean time... (I apologize ahead of time for the fact that some of this food was made before the new program launched, so some of the PointsPlus values are missing)

1 Flatout Light Italian Herb Flatbread + 1/4 cup marinara sauce  + 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella + assorted veggies + 1 minute in the microwave = one big homemade pizza (I know this was 4 WW Points on the old plan, but I can't calculate it for the new plan because I don't remember what cheese and sauce I used!  My guess is about 5-7 though.)

 Au Bon Pain Tomato Florentine soup (12 oz medium size = 3 PTS+)

 Panera Bread Low Fat Garden Vegetable with Pesto soup (4 PTS+)... what's even better, the piece of french baguette that comes with it is only 4 PTS+!! (even though I opted for the whole grain baguette, which is sill 4 PTS+)

And the Thanksgiving pictures begin...

Splenda's recipe for Cranberry-Orange Sauce... It was OK, but I'm pretty sure the leftovers got thrown out because no one wanted them.

I decided to make Hungry Girl's Topless Triple Berry Pie, and this is my pie crust made out of FiberOne cereal.

 The filling didn't quite fill the crust, but it tasted fabulous so who cares!?!

 
Apparently, my mom cared, and she defiled my pie with Cool Whip Free and fresh blackberries... I liked it better without this gook on top.

Every Thanksgiving my mom makes this AMAZING Pumpkin Mousse from a WW recipe... I'm not sure where she found it, but it's 100% pure pumpkin + cool whip free + sugar free vanilla instant pudding mix + maybe fat free milk? (not sure the PTS+ value, but 1/2 cup = 2 old PTS)


Hungry Girl's Save the Day Stuffing... my family all complained that there was too much onion, but I LOVE ONION!

My family could not keep their hands off of the Pillsbury Reduced Fat Crescent Rolls (there were 8 to begin with, but in the picture there's only 3 - mind you this was BEFORE dinner)... but there's also some Birdseye Steamfresh broccoli, corn, and mixed veggies.

Always a go-to meal... Some soup to warm me up in this frigid weather (Au Bon Pain's Garden Vegetable soup... 12 oz = 2 PTS+) and a small fruit cup (0 PTS+)!!

Another fabulous combination: 1 shot of Kahlua mixed with fat free milk + store brand fresh frozen peaches thawed in the microwave (I didn't know until after the fact that 1 "jigger" of Kahlua is 6 PTS+!!! But every once in a while, it's completely worth it.)

How many food pairs can I make in one post? WW Giant Vanilla Fudge Ice Cream Cone (4 PTS+) and Nestle Fat Free Hot Chocolate (1 PTS+) - Yes, I'm aware that hot chocolate with ice cream doesn't seem to make sense, but to me it does!

1 Flatout Light Italian Herb Flatbread + 1 Morningstar Farms Gillers Chik'n Veggie Patty + lettuce + a drop of Wishbone Fat Free Italian dressing + microwave it for 30 seconds or so... MMMM! (4 PTS+ if I remember correctly)

This recipe is in one of the booklets either given out at meetings last week or in the new PointsPlus books, but it's also right here... Weight Watchers Roasted Vegetables.  I added some mushrooms, and when I made it again I used asparagus instead of artichokes... I could easily make this every weekend. I LOVEEE roasted mushroom and onion.

Banana + Deep Chocolate VitaMuffin (3 PTS+)... Since the VitaTops and VitaMuffins are more PointsPlus, I'm eating a lot less of them, but they are still worth every bite.  And I love that I can have a 0 PointsPlus banana with it.


So that's what you missed these past two weeks.  This Thursday and Friday I'm making a 7 PointsPlus Shrimp Lo Mein and a 3 PointsPlus Broccoli, Potato, and Cheddar Cheese Soup - both of which can be found in the two new Weight Watchers PointsPlus cookbooks. CAN'T WAIT!

Happy Eating,
Steph =)

No comments:

Post a Comment